Water

Donna has scheduled a load of water today because my future is murky at this point. It is hard to manage the transfer of over 1000 gallons of water with just one of us and the truck driver. And our water supplier has a new truck and driver; who we get is the luck of the draw. Or the whim of the owner! Lol. If it is the new guy, we will have some [minimal] training time.

 

We have no idea what my new doctor will do or how I will feel after he does it! So she has a “better safe than sorry” attitude. In any case, tomorrow will be a pivotal day in my life as we meet him in Salida. It has “only” taken a month for this appointment to come to fruition!

 

Anyway that is the big deal of the day around here. I feel as if I am on hold which I guess I am. Sucks.

Back to the Water Project

I worked on the wiring yesterday. Right now everything in the Water House comes from just a few outlets.

There was obviously no planning as the electrical demand increased (lights, patio lighting, heater, temporary freezer connection, water line heat tape, etc.). And more outlets are needed now (treatment column controllers, etc.). The new outlets are now in place.

They are ready to go except they are only connected to each other!

I had some excitement when my work flood exploded! I was working on the east outlets when, with no warning, the flood exploded! I was standing almost under it while working on the west (left) outlet!

I was concentrating on pushing the three wires into the conduit when it went off!

None of the glass hit me but bounced off the pressure tank and you can see it on the salt tank which I was using as a table. The phone was my intercom to Donna. This caused a brief delay while I picked up the shards of glass and found a new light. I am still not sure what set it off.

After some struggle, I got all three wires around the bend and into the lower box. The next step is adding conduit at the bottom and connecting it all together.

More Water Project

While I was laying awake last night, I decided to put the greensand column back on the block. It was just too unstable on dirt. So, with some backtracking, I did.

The block is now against those for the salt tank. There are some rocks here which is why I had put it nearer the wall. Instead of lowering the block, I built up the foundation and leveled it.

Then I had to roll the column back up onto the block! This ended up being a two stage process using pieces of 2×4 to set it on then rolling it onto the concrete block. Without moving the block!

So now I am back where I was yesterday! Lol.

The Water Project

Today I got back on this project. And, as usual, it got redesigned! When I started to install the valve manifold on the greensand filter, there wasn’t room behind it! Oops. The cylinder needed to come out several inches. But it was sitting on a concrete base.

I finally decided to remove the base and set it on the ground. This was not the best solution but this thing weighs about 200# with no water in it! So I did.

The manifold now fits on the back of the controller!

I labeled the two pipes because they are opposite what I have been thinking all this time! The flow of water will be backward to what the manufacturer planned! sigh. My tubing will cross behind the columns!

I also got the plumbing for the pump and pressure tank inlet done. The “Christmas Tree” for the pump outlet is busy! So the pump is ready to go and most of the inlet fittings are glued. The brass thing is the inlet check valve.

The tee with the valve on it will connect to the inlet of the pressure tank. The valve may only be used once for filling the two columns slowly.

Next is some electrical stuff (outlets and a light) and connecting the tubing.

A Load of Water

I called for a load of water this morning and talked to Dan’s wife. We agreed on tomorrow. When I sat down for lunch, Lily went crazy as the big blue truck came down the drive!

Dan had told the driver to bring it up today! I suggested to him that Dan and his wife don’t communicate well! He did not disagree. It was a good thing we were home!

We had to roll the hose out and set everything up to accept the water while he waited. I did not feel rushed or guilty! After we got done, we left the hose out there to drain later.

I came back in and ate my cold panini sandwich. I was so hungry, it wasn’t bad!